Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Marvel Universe Storm Review

I hope I don't sound like a broken record but over here where I live we don't see the newer Marvel Universe waves for months. It doesn't make sense because other cities around a thirty or so mile radius around me see new waves but I never see the newer figures unless it's in a collector's *coughscalpercough* store.  






 Storm is a great addition to my team.   Since I regrettably don't have a Cyclops (I passed on the Jim Lee one because it was $11.29 and I never seen once since, you dang scalpers selling them online for marked up prices!) Storm is my X-Men field leader. 
 Storm looks great with her cape on.  Without it her neck looks weirdly long.   Storm uses the old standard MU female body but the addition of her lightning bolts and cape make her really stand out. 

 The lame mini art card she comes with.  I don't get why they include these.  They don't fit anywhere on the figure and the art often looks nothing like the figure.   The lighting bolts are a really nice touch in my opinion. 

 I really wish these came with a stand like before. 

 I've only seen two of this figure before in stores and they both had flaws.  I got mine on sale so I didn't mind the messed up paint apps on the legs.  The other one had a really messed up face.  I wish Hasbro would step up their quality control on these little toys. 
Storm her fellow female X-Men past and present.   Storm goes for pretty cheap online, sometimes cheaper than retail($11.29) over here,  so I recommend getting her while you can.   I'm also reading online that bigger cities might get another price hike for these guys for over $12 so I'm probably going to stop collecting after I score a Future Foundation Spider-Man and She-Hulk.  

PARENTS:  Younger children probably do not know who Storm is other than from the last X-Men movie.  She isn't really meant to be played with so maybe get your child a Hulk or released Juggernaut to play with.  

COLLECTORS:  By my count this is the third Storm figure in the Marvel Universe line.  There was mohawk Storm which I want but I got into this line too late and the X-Men six pack line.   If you have one of the other two the only reason to get this one is maybe for the lightning bolts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment