Wednesday, December 7, 2011

S.H. Figuarts: Kazuma Review

Whoa another month has almost passed since my last post.  I've been in Japan seeing the sights and buying some new toys.   These toys aren't new and some have been out for a while but I think they are awesome because they didn't make me poor.  I wish I could have gotten the more expensive figures but then I would have walked away with only two or three instead of the several I have right now.





 He doesn't look too cool in package.  In fact Kazuma's face doesn't really look like the one in the show but this toy is cool. 


 I'll admit it took me a little while to figure out what they were trying to say here.

' S.H. Figuarts is a new standard figure series that incorporates the Bandai action figure "Art" under the theme "Pursuing Character Expression through Humanoid Action."  '


 The back of the box looks pretty damn cool though.


 Right out of the package.

Articulation comes pretty damn close to humans!  The only part which doesn't move is the fingers and mouth.

 Kazuma comes with:
-Three different interchangeable faces.  One calm.  One yelling.  One crazy(my favorite).
-Two sets of hands.  One set is closed fists and the other is splayed open hands.
-Two right forearms for his Shell Bullet.  One close and one open for when he's firing his "bullets"
-The three "bullets"/"shells"(read fins) on his back.
-The green flame which comes out of his back when he fires his bullets. 

 It's a little tricky to change the forearms and take out the head.  Be very careful when switching both. 



I placed the green flame/rocket boost in the wrong place.  I didn't realize it at the time but I did it because it looked cool.

Sorry no size comparison either.  I forgot to take a picture of him next to something familar.  

I paid about ¥2300 for Kazuma and I thought it was a great deal.  When I checked on Amazon.jp later I found out you could get this guy for like ¥1700 with shipping or even ¥1400 with free shipping from Amazon Prime.  I still feel the price I paid for him was a good deal because I enjoyed the anime s.CRY.ed and Kazuma was my favorite on there. 

I'm only a little disappointed they are making/made some of the other characters from the series as store/web exclusives.

COLLECTORS:  Get this guy only if you liked the anime he was in.  If you live in Japan and have Amazon.jp Prime then def get this because not many figurarts go for cheap over there.

PARENTS:  Get your child something else unless they are a teenager.  This toy isn't meant to be played with extended play the joints will probably break.  I already regret not picking up figuarts stands for all my other toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment