Saturday, December 10, 2011

S.H.Figuarts Piccolo Review

Finding cheap Figuarts of my favorite characters was not easy in  Japan.  It felt like I had to be in the right place at the right time.  In Akihabara I thought I was going to get a Goku for only 2500 yen but that turned out to be a lie.  I couldn't find any of the Dragon Ball Z Figuarts until I was in Joetsu City.  There I found Piccolo and Gohan for a whopping ¥3300.  I didn't want to pay for them because I could maybe get them cheaper online.  It as good that I held out because Piccolo here was at a Joshin store for ¥2940 and I really like him.   






Of course the back of the box looks cool.  It's a lot harder to get Piccolo into those poses. 




Piccolo comes with a lot of accessories.  All of them are quite easy to pop on and off so I have no worries my Piccolo will break:
-Three heads.  One for his "Special Beam Cannon" and two normal faces but one comes with his turban and one without. 
-Three sets of hands and one right hand to charge/fire the Special Beam Cannon.
-Crossed arms.
-His cape with two different attachments.  One is for crossing his arms and the other is for uncrossed arms. 


Anywhere you can bend and twist, Piccolo and bend and twist.   Well except individual fingers and toes but Figuarts really do mimic human joints nicely. 


Showing off where Piccolo can be separated.  Head swapping can be a little difficult but swapping the hands out is really easy. 


Generic Piccolo pre-fight pose.


Piccolo taking off his gear when he gets serious.


Charging up.


Horrible angle for firing.


Charging up the Special Beam Cannon


Firing the Special Beam Cannon.


Size comparison next to Kazuma
Piccolo is awesome.  He is one of my favorite characters from Dragon Ball Z and I'm glad I paid less than $50 for him in the end.


COLLECTORS:  If you like Dragon Ball Z I recommend getting the Figuarts toys and some stands.  These aren't meant to be played with though so once you find a cool pose try to stick with it.  

PARENTS:  Get your child another toy.  Your child will probably be a little disappointed because they shouldn't play with this toy.  



No comments:

Post a Comment