Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Marvel Legends 25th Anniversary Wolverine

I've been on a Marvel Legends kick lately because I've been wanting assemble my own team of dimension hoppers for my own team of plastic Exiles.   Even though this figure says limited edition there are a bunch floating around the internet for cheap.  This guy only cost me $10 on Amazon so I couldn't pass him up. 

This might be the 25th Anniversary Wolverine toy but for my purposes he comes from a dimension where he inherits the Silver Surfer's powers and joins the Exiles for...  yeah let's get down to the pictures. 






 This is the Wolverine I remember from my childhood.  I grew up in the 90's and Wolverine hairy, dirty, short, angry, and sometimes not even muscular.   Wolverine now is a big softy,   tall, and sometimes girl pretty.  WTF.


 This was probably one of the hardest figures to photograph because of his silver paint.  Flash reflects back at the camera and using an overhead light doesn't look so great.

 However with either you get this kind of picture.   Not a bad figure though.  He's solid and silver and is super posable.  

 Check out all the joints from the shoulder to the fingers. 
 He can look up for more of those "Wolverine" savage looking poses.

 I'm starting not to mind these ball joints because I came to the realization that I do not play with my toys.  I just have them standing around my room.   These ball joints allow dynamic poses with the leg.  On second thought if I was a child I would be angry with legs like these because the





So far on my team of Exiles; Iron Captain America, Psylocke, She Hulk, and now Silver Wolverine.

PARENTS:   This toy is pretty cheap right now on the internet so if your child is a big fan of Wolverine and is above seven this figure might be for them.   He's highly posable and quite sturdy.  I've had him drop from my shelf several times because of the weak ankle joints on the other figures and he's turned up fine all the way.

COLLECTORS:   There's been maybe two releases of this mold before so unless you really like silver or want a different color wolverine I say pass unless you can get him really cheap.  

No comments:

Post a Comment