Sunday, November 4, 2012

Resident Evil 6 Review ***SPOILERS, Probably***

Sorry no photos in this review.   I also hope this mini review makes sense.  I'm writing it after work and my wording skills isn't so good right now.   I'm still not sure what I can and cannot do when it's comes to pictures of games I'm reviewing.  Anywho this mini review is from a long time fan of the Resident Evil series so I hope this helps you decide on whether to buy, or not buy this latest entry.

 ***SPOILERS****  I'm going to try to keep them as minor as possible.  



Story: RE6's story isn't much to talk about.   Umbrella is back in the form of Neo-Umbrella and has a new mysterious head.  Neo-Umbrella's goal is to produce their BOWs(Bio Organic Weapons)  and sell them to the highest bidder.   "Recently" in 2013 the BOWs are getting out of hand and you play as SEVEN characters trying to stop the outbreak caused by Neo-Umbrella. You get to see the same story from four different campaigns and it is annoying.  They should have only had four main characters max and two campaigns.   Playing the game got a little stale when it felt like I was playing the same parts over and over again.    The story here is mainly to bring resident evil to the future so more games can be made.

Now rather than the usual list you see from other reviews I will leave a huge positive and negative list. I say if you love Resident Evil like me then go ahead and buy this game!!!



Positives:
-Zombies!!!   They're back and scarier than ever.   In my opinion Leon's campaign is alone worth looking looking into. 
-Graphics look good but can get really dark.  This can be remedied by turning up the brightness.   
-Multiplayer campaign is really fun on Veteran and lower levels. 
-I'm not pulling my hair out when paired with nubs on Mercenaries. I'm able to save them and if they need saving I can heal them from far away now via the new skill slots. 
-Skill slots instead of uberly powerful weapons you level up.    No longer can you run around the level making heads explode with handguns but instead you get to equip skills that help with various elements of the game. 
-Weapons and movesets unique to each character.   Even though there are seven playable characters in story mode they each get different weapons to use.  With this differences it makes up for Capcom including seven characters.   (An 8th one coming soon.)
-Three-Four player boss fights!

Negatives:
-FOV too close but the fix is coming soon!  
-QUICK TIME EVENTS.   C'mon giving us amazing bosses and having to fight them though QTE's or finish them off using QTE's is not fun anymore Capcom.   It was fun in God of War for PS2 but not so much for the past three Res Evils!!!!
-Too many fricken guns and def not enough ammo.  My first playthough I was running out of ammo left and right even when using the "shoot the monsters in the head and kicking them method."
-The switching weapons/items in this game sucks.  When I panic I select the wrong gun, or worse, a first aid spray and use it instead of a grenade.   I liked the weapon system of RE5 much better when Up, Down, Left, and Right was all assigned different weapons.   It's not like we need to use the sniper rifle or first aid spray at all times.       
-Not enough extras.   There's Agent Hunt but it isn't fun when the people you play against are allowed to use infinite ammo.   Mercenaries mode is back and with it only three maps if you do not buy the DLC or pre-order at a store and get a free map.   Capcom stop this DLC madness.
-To many spots in the campaign when you're stuck walking around slowly.   Anyone else remember Gears of War when they talk on their radios?   Gotta do those long boring stretches over and over again with no way to skip.
-Chapters are way too long.   It took me anywhere from forty minutes to over an hour to finish a chapter during my first play though.
-You cannot pause the game if you're playing over PSN even if you select single player.     Really annoying.  

No comments:

Post a Comment