Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Marvel Universe Mary Jane Review

Don't ask me why I wanted this figure so badly.  I don't even know why.  All I know is now I got her because of the toy fair.  Mary Jane was priced at $12 and I bought her like a sucker and boy howdy is she my favorite Marvel Universe figure by far.  I can see why she commands a hefty price tag of $20+ now.

Mary Jane does not have any super powers, she doesn't have armor, she can't use magic.  So why was this figure made in the first place?  She's Spider-Man's girlfriend/wife and that's about it.  When Marvel had a contest on which Marvel Universe figure to release next Mary Jane got the top spot which is how she got released in the first place.  I'm really enjoying her though and she stands right in the middle of my collection in between Iron Spider and Scarlet Spider. 



 Not that impressive in box.  I almost hesitated when I saw her in person because I couldn't believe she was there. 




Spider-Mang and MJ can never find happiness.  Unless it's on my toy shelf.


 Out of package.   I'm noticing the female figures in Marvel Universe don't have as much articulation as their male counter parts. 

-Head rotates but is hindered by hair.
-Shoulders can rotate 360 and move in and out.
-Single jointed elbows.
-Wrists rotate.
-Ball jointed ab crunch.
-Rotation at waist.
-Ball Jointed hips.
-Double jointed knees.
-Rotating ankles.

 Comes with bio/art card, stand, Ms. Lion, and mini report.

Face looks good for something so small.  Has a Spider-Man face in the shape of a heart on her shirt.  


 Ms. Lion the dog.  Awesome accessory.


 Size comparison.






For some reason I really enjoy this figure.  If you can find her for retail or less I'd pick her up.  Anything more and I say you're paying too much for something so basic.  I think the main reason I like Mary Jane so much is because you look at her and think "What were they thinking when they made her." 

COLLECTORS:  I can't say I have the same taste as you so I can only recommend her if you really like Spider-Man.  I'm not sure how many Mary Jane figures have been made in the past but I'm pretty sure this is the only one made in this scale.  I say pick it up if you're going to make a Spider-Man display/diorama.

PARENTS:  Try to get your child something else.  This toy isn't for playing.  Your child will also be disappointed that they got a regular human instead of a super hero with powers.

No comments:

Post a Comment